A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The information we may collect on the Site includes:
- Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you register with the Site or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
- If you are registering a Sp2s account through social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter, we may collect your account name and profile photo at those platforms. If you choose to answer our supplemental questionnaires for registered members, we may also collect marital status, nationality, gender, date and/or year of birth, annual income, monthly spending and user preferences. If you prefer not to provide such supplemental information, the use of our services and products will not be affected.
- If you contact our customer service, we may record your conversation with us and collect additional information to verify your identity.
- We record details of users’ activities on the Site. Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site, your buying and browsing activities on our platform.
- If you are using our mobile application or accessing the Site via mobile device, this information may also include your device name and type, your operating system, your phone number, your country and geo-location information, your likes and replies to a post, and other interactions with the application and other users via server log files, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
- In connection with any transaction and payment services, information, including but not limited to, payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date), billing and delivery information, security code and tracking information may be collected to facilitate the sale and purchase as well as the settlement of purchase price of the products or return, exchange, or services transacted on or procured through the Site.
Certain data we collect may be defined as personal data under applicable data protection law (“Personal Data”). To enable us to provide our services and products to users, users need to provide certain categories of data (which may include Personal Data), such as user name, address, phone number, and email address. If certain data is required, we will let you know at the time of collection. In the event that users do not provide sufficient data marked as necessary, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide certain products or services.
B. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity and your eligibility to register as a user of the Site;
- creating, processing and managing your registration as a user;
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- fulfilling, processing and managing orders, transactions and payments, providing delivery services;
- assessing account security, detecting and preventing fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity or other security incidents;
- Emailing you regarding your account or order, and personalizing our communication with you based on your browsing records and your order history;
- compiling anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties, including performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of the Site;
- delivering targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you, in accordance with applicable laws. Cookies or other similar technologies may be used to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests (see section Cookie Notice below). Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you communications for marketing purposes; and
- assisting law enforcement and respond to subpoena;
- we may also use your Personal Data for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
C. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information or Personal Data about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. we may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
- Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information or Personal Data with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- Marketing Communications
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information or Personal Data with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Site, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
- Online Postings
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
- Third-Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners
We may share your information or Personal Data with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Business Transfer
- User Consent
We may also disclose your Personal Data to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We may provide aggregated or anonymized data to third parties, but when we do so, the information we share is in a de-identified format that does not personally identify you.
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
D. COOKIE NOTICE
The Site and its contents are not targeted to minors (those under the age of 18) and we do not intend to sell any of our products or services to minors, nor do we knowingly solicit information from or market to minors. If a minor has provided us with Personal Data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to remove the information.
F. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information, to prevent unauthorized access to the Site, and to maintain data accuracy. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. For registered users of the Site, some of your information can be viewed and edited through your account, which is protected by a password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
No data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we hold for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
G. RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account; or
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site;
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences; or
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit a web site. Cookies are widely used by web site owners in order to make their web sites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Cookies set by the web site owner are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the web site owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the web site (like analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the web site in question and also when it visits certain other web sites.
How Can I Control Cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise this choice by following the instructions or clicking on the appropriate opt-out links in the table below. Please note that if you choose to reject cookies, doing so may impair some of our web site functionality.
(THERE ARE SEVERAL THAT OPERATE TOGETHER)
These provide anonymous reports (down to the level of your town or area) on use of the site. Everywhere except on those “Careers” pages that potential candidates use as part of the process of sending us data about them. Your IP address and the way you use and move round the site. We implement “anonymise IP”, which means that, before performing any processing, Google changes your IP address so that it is impossible to identify you. Only from that point are reports compiled.
Google (who then send us anonymous reports)
Change your cookie settings in your internet browser (this varies from browser to browser – visit your browser’s help menu for details) or download and install the Google analytics opt-out browser add-on available at Google’s opt-out site.
Do You Serve Targeted Advertising?
No. At this time, we do not serve any cookies through our web site for targeted advertising purposes, nor do we allow any third party to do this.
Do you use Google analytics? Web analysis
As explained in the table above, you may prevent Google from collecting and using data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in here. Follow these links for further information concerning the terms and conditions of our use of Google analytics External reference, the information that Google provide on data privacy and security External reference, and Google’s data privacy notice External reference.
Do You Use Any Non-Cookie Based Technologies To Record Web Site Visits (like Web Beacons, LSOs etc.)?
No. At this time, we only use the cookies described above to collect information about our web site visitors.
Where Can I Get Further Information?
If you have any questions or comments about our Cookie Notice, communicate with us through our Contact Us page, or write to us through email: email@example.com